Well, spring may be close but wait! It is not quite here yet. We know it’s tempting but please hold off on putting any tender plants in the ground.
Now is the time to PREPARE. If you are itching to get into your garden then try some of the following:
• Plant Trees and shrubs now! It is great time of year to put them in the ground. Frequent rains and soft ground will allow the plants to root down before the hot summer sun comes in just a few months.
• Get your garden beds ready. Prepare your soil for spring!
• Prune back your roses and certain other summer blooming plants and evergreens.
• Plant some cool season plants. It may not be spring yet but that shouldn’t stop you from planting. It is a great time to plant some vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, and more.
• Plant some seeds and keep them indoors until it is time to bring them out for spring. (It’s a great time to start your tomatoes!)
Again, Spring is NOT here yet. So don't go planting out of season. As you can see listed above, there is still plenty to do! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask any of our knowledgeable staff.
For more information call us today!