Welcome to Cantrell Gardens
Read Our Monthly Letters for the latest gardening tips and updates about our nursery!
Spring is going strong and summer is around the corner! Have you finished planting yet? Check out some of the following tips to make the best of your May:
- As the temperature continues to rise and the soil warms, the insects start to come out. Now is a great time to apply preventative insecticides. For vegetables and edible plants, we recommend Fertilome’s Dipel Dust. If you are growing organically, you may prefer Bonide’s Bacillus Thuringiensis. For all other trees and shrubs we suggest Fertilome’s Tree & Shrub Systemic Insect Drench.
- Now is a great time to plant summer bulbs such as Elephant Ears and Caladiums!
- The temperature is high enough to allow you to bring your tropical plants out of the house now. Gradually expose them to more sunlight to help prevent their leaves getting burnt.
- We recently received a new shipment of dogwood trees and citrus trees. It’s a great time to pick one out and plant it in your yard!
- Roses have begun to bloom and we still have a large variety of colors, styles, and scents in stock! Make your garden livelier with a new rose today!
Back at the store our greenhouse, racks, and tables are all packed with plants and blooming flowers! It is a great time to check out all the colors and scents of spring!
From now until Mother’s Day (May 12th), all hanging baskets are 25% off! Get the mother in your life a unique and thoughtful gift that will last the whole season!
In the Coming Weeks
Although our shelves are packed, more plants will arrive!
Check out all of our expected plant shipments here:
- More tropical plants are on the way! The shipment will include Boston ferns, macho ferns, kimberly queens, hibiscus, mandevilla plants, outdoor palms and so much more!
- Bonnie vegetable and herb plants and Encore azaleas will continue to arrive weekly.
The weather is fantastic for being outside, we hope to see you soon!
Here at Cantrell Gardens we pride ourselves on being the most helpful and friendly garden center in Central Arkansas!
Our large inventory consists of all of your essential gardening and nursery needs. We carry everything from statuary to our beautiful assortments of flowers, shrubs, and trees. We also have a large variety of lawn care products to help you keep your landscape beautiful all year long.
Our establishment is centrally located in the heart of Little Rock, just down the road from Edward’s Food Giant and McDonald’s. Our wide variety of plants, shrubs, trees, and statues will immediately brighten up any landscape, yard, or home!