Welcome to Cantrell Gardens
Here at Cantrell Gardens we pride ourselves on being the most helpful and friendly garden center in Central Arkansas!
Our large inventory consists of all of your essential gardening and nursery needs. We carry everything from statuary to our beautiful assortments of flowers, shrubs, and trees. We also have a large variety of lawn care products to help you keep your landscape beautiful all year long.
Our establishment is centrally located in the heart of Little Rock, just down the road from Edward’s Food Giant and McDonald’s. Our wide variety of plants, shrubs, trees, and statues will immediately brighten up any landscape, yard, or home!
Well, spring may be close but wait! It is not quite here yet. We know it’s tempting but please hold off on putting any tender plants in the ground.
Now is the time to PREPARE. If you are itching to get into your garden then try some of the following:
• Plant Trees and shrubs now! It is great time of year to put them in the ground. Frequent rains and soft ground will allow the plants to root down before the hot summer sun comes in just a few months.
• Get your garden beds ready. Prepare your soil for spring!
• Prune back your roses and certain other summer blooming plants and evergreens.
• Plant some cool season plants. It may not be spring yet but that shouldn’t stop you from planting. It is a great time to plant some vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, and more.
• Plant some seeds and keep them indoors until it is time to bring them out for spring. (It’s a great time to start your tomatoes!)
Again, Spring is NOT here yet. So don't go planting out of season. As you can see listed above, there is still plenty to do! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask any of our knowledgeable staff.